Thursday, December 3, 2015

Monthly Income, Growth & Traffic Report – November 2015

This is the 38th income report as part of the zero backlink experiment.

Every month I will publish a post like this one that shows you how this blog is progressing and everything I have done across the month to get it there.

These reports will help me track my own progress while teaching you what to do and more importantly what not to do.

ATTENTION: Learn My Secrets With Instant Access To The Income Report Archive

What I Have Done In November

This month saw the official launch of my first major product which was the culmination of nearly a year of work.

I also took my first day off in over 2 months and have slipped into ‘maintenance mode’ while I recharge my battery’s.

November also saw Black Friday/Cyber Monday which when combined with my product launch makes for the best month of income I have ever had through this blog.

Content Creation

Last month I published a total of 5 posts which has dropped to 4 this month which is precisely on target as I have worked to reduce the post frequency in the past few months.

We started the month with these 5 simple steps to produce leads for any business.

That was followed up with 10 quick ways to generate traffic step by step for anyone that is struggling with that.

Other than those we just had the regular income report roundup post and I didn’t get round to writing the best of internet marketing feature this month.

Product Launch Success

On the 2nd of November I made my first premium training product available to buy for just a few days.

It was a very nervous few days because everything I had worked for across the past year rested on those few days of sales.

On top of that I had never actually launched a product before which came with its own set of challenges from sound tech all the way through to managing multiple merchant accounts.

However the response to the training course was awesome and I’m already getting testimonials of success from my students.

I haven’t decided if I am going to release details on the final sales numbers but between you and me, it did very well.

Black Friday Madness

The only other thing I have done this month in terms of work was to launch my Black Friday deals site.

Over the past month I’ve been getting in touch with lots of merchants to find out what Black Friday deals they were running and twisting arms to try and arrange some exclusives.

Unfortunately I made a few mistakes with the execution but all in all – it was a great success.

Screenshot_120215_090922_AM

The site had over 12,000 visitors in just a few days and gives me the perfect platform to build on next year.

Went To Panama

After spending 2 months working every day solid I decided to spend a couple of days doing absolutely nothing in Bocas Del Toro, Panama.

bdt

It was really hard to ‘switch off’ so to speak, it takes a few days for the brain hamster to spin down properly!

For some daft reason I decide getting a 10 hour bus ride there would be a good idea. It wasn’t, we flew back in less than an hour.

Crunching The Numbers

So let’s get our hands dirty and take a look at what my lack of attention to the blog has done to the important metrics.

Visitor Statistics

Traffic dropped from 55,414 (1,787/day) last month to 47,319 (1,577/day) this month which is a fair drop off!

This is because I have spent the last few months of my time focused else where and we are moving into the slower months in the marketing world.

analytics-over

Most Popular Content

The 10 traffic methods post stole the show this month by a small margin.

Not far behind was my 6 figure blogging guide which is a long time pillar of the blog.

analytics-tcontent

Top Traffic Sources

Like last month Not much has changed really in terms of the top traffic sources this month.

analytics-trsouces

Search Engine Traffic

Traffic from Google saw a small drop off this month from 39,912 (1,330/day) compared to 37,603 (1,253/day) last month.

analytics-kwss

YouTube Views

I lost all of my historical YouTube views because of changes I made to the branding – so I keep track of them separately.

YouTube views grew took a small hit this month from 23,297 to 21,918 which also had an impact on total minutes watched dropping from 119,825 to 110,532.

youtube-statistics

Social Shares

Important Note: This month Twitter stopped showing the actual share count which makes reporting on social shares from Twitter impossible.

Because of that the total social shares across Facebook, Twitter and Google+ dropped from 84,971 to just 47,303.

  • Google+ – 17,514 (17,356 last month)
  • Twitter – 0 (38,300 last month)
  • Facebook – 29,789 (29,315 last month)

Subscribers

The most important metric on the entire blog – earning a subscription from someone is the ultimate form of commitment and conversion.

This month brought 2,181 new subscribers which is a small drop from last months 2,376.

There are now a total of 126,390 subscribers across all of the various channels!

  • E-mail – 956 (1,300 last month) / Total: 67,608
  • Twitter – 303 (297 last month) / Total: 10,200
  • YouTube – 295 (312 last month) / Total: 9,431
  • Facebook – 520 (463 last month) / Total: 18,708
  • Google+ – 10 (6 last month) / Total: 17,879
  • RSS – 97 (-2 last month) / Total: -2

Unable to post graphs at the moment – will update asap

Income Report

Here are the numbers you really want to see-

Affiliate Earnings

ATTENTION: Learn My Secrets With Instant Access To The Income Report Archive

Expenses

Consultation Earnings

I separate out the consultation earnings from the affiliate earnings. The blog drives affiliate sales directly and whilst it does generate consultation leads these are separate projects in their own right.

I didn’t take on any consultation work this month which results in zero consultation earnings.

Other Income

I’m working on another project right now that is part of the blog but not something I’m ready to talk about publicly yet or maybe ever.

I will declare the income here though as it wouldn’t be possible without the blog and ‘technically’ it is affiliate income.

This month that has grown to $12,127.43 which is a small step up from last months $12,008.96.

Earnings Total

  • Affiliate Income – $23,070.90
  • Consultation Income – $00.00
  • Other Income – $12,127.43
  • Expenses – $7,645.57

Grand Total: $27,552.76 / £18,444.37 ($25,024.85 / £16,188.93 last month)

Side Note: The expenses list the cost of Facebook & Twitter ads which were actually used to promote my product launch and the Black Friday site however the income from the product launch is not reported here.

Unable to post graphs at the moment – will update asap

Signing Off

November was a great month all around, I finally managed to launch my product which was a huge weight off my shoulders and now I can take some time to relax.

Over the next few weeks I plan on doing the bare minimum possible to keep things ticking over while putting a plan of attacks together for the next 12 months.

I’ve already got quite the list but that needs developing properly and I need to put a survey together for all of you guys because ultimately – you are the boss :)

Thank you to everyone that has helped me reach my goals – I couldn’t do it without you, the reader!




FacebookTwitterGoogle Plus

Monthly Income, Growth & Traffic Report – November 2015 was originally published on December 02nd, 2015 10:36 AM by Matthew Woodward Copyright © 2015. All rights reserved.

from Matthew Woodward http://ift.tt/1HHz5lI

No comments:

Post a Comment