Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Niche Site Project 3.0 Video Finalists: Vote Now!

Jake, Perrin, and I have just spent the last few days binge watching over 100 Niche Site Project 3 application videos.

I have to tell you that I honestly experienced a huge range of emotions while watching these amazing videos.  I was laughing, inspired, sighing, deep in thought, laughing some more, and overall wowed.  You guys AND gals really delivered here, and I’m happy to share my findings today.

After receiving so many applications for Niche Site Project 3, I’m finally ready to move this process onto the next step!

I’m very excited to present to you the top 12 video finalists for niche site project 3!  That’s right, I couldn’t narrow it down to just 10, so I added 2 more slots. The best part is that YOUR input has a big say on which of these 12 finalists will be one of our students for NSP 3.

So, before you start watching videos and picking your favorites below, I need to explain a few things.

First, remember that we are picking 3 students total.  One of those students will be picked based on your votes from the 12 video finalists below.  So, one of the applicants below WILL indeed be a Niche Site Project 3 student!

The other 2 students will be picked at the discretion of Jake, Perrin, and I.  Those final 2 students might be picked from the video finalists below, or they might not be.  Make sense?

So, just because your video didn’t make it to the final 12, doesn’t mean we didn’t notice you.  You still might be picked as one of the final 2 students!

Why Were These 12 Videos Picked?

We received some amazing applications…so many of you are AWESOME people!  However, as much as I would like to work with every single one of you, it’s just not possible.  As a result, we had to come up with some criteria for narrowing down the video options that the Niche Pursuits community could vote on.

Some people really put a TON of effort into creating their videos.  We felt like those people that clearly put a bit more effort or creativity into creating their application videos deserved some recognition.

As a result, the applicants you see below were selected strictly based on the quality and uniqueness of their videos.  We did not take the written application into account for these 12 video finalists.

We felt like that was fair.  So, 1 student will be picked based on their video application and community votes.  The final 2 students will be chosen based on their written application and whoever Jake, Perrin, and I feel are the best remaining applicants.

Again, I want to stress that just because your video didn’t make the “cut”, doesn’t mean we didn’t like your video or your application!  The sincerity shown in so many of the videos was refreshing and real.  I am extremely grateful to everyone that stepped out of their comfort zone, pointed a camera on themselves, and hit record.  It’s not easy, and it did not go unnoticed.

Watch the Video Applications for Niche Site Project 3!

So, with those caveats…it’s time to watch some videos!

Please note that these videos are in NO PARTICULAR ORDER.  If fact, I wish that I could randomize the videos for each new visitor to remove any bias that the first line of videos might receive by being at the top.

So, feel free to skip around and watch in any order you want, but I hope that you can watch them all before making your selection on favorite.

Niche Site Project 3 Video Finalists!

Applicant 1:
Ryan Spadafora
Applicant 2:
Samara Kamenecka
Applicant 3:
Nathan Williams
Applicant 4:
Matthias Koller
Applicant 5:
Thomas Giblin
Applicant 6:
Damon Morrison
Applicant 7:
Joey Barkley
Applicant 8:
James McLaughlin
Applicant 9:
Tom DeNauw
Applicant 10:
Josh W
Applicant 11:
Skylar Osbourne
Applicant 12:
Renee Hood

How to Vote?

The final criteria for how you vote for your favorite applicant is up to you.  You should NOT vote for the best produced video here; you should vote for the best applicant for Niche Site Project 3.

So, you might vote based on how well you would like to follow along with the applicant, or which one seems the smartest, or funniest, or which one you can relate to most.  There is no perfect criteria for how you vote.

Just realize that your vote is determining who will be part of a live case study on NichePursuits.com for the next several months.

Please note: I am allowing you to vote for multiple applicants if you just can’t narrow it down to your one favorite.  However, please realize that as soon as you hit that submit button, you can’t vote again!  I’ll leave it up to you whether you want to vote for just one person or multiple people.

Create your own user feedback survey

What Does This Vote Mean Exactly?

In the original application process, I explained some convoluted way we were going to narrow down finalists, let you vote, let your votes get someone to the final round, and then maybe pick them or maybe someone else…blah, blah, blah.  It was all very confusing.

Here’s the deal, I’m making this very simple: Whoever gets the most votes in the poll above will be one of the students!  That’s it…the power is in your hands!

I actually believe very strongly in the power of numbers.  As much as I’d like to be a control freak and pick my favorite based on my own criteria; I’m not going to do that.  I trust that the “community” will pick an ideal applicant that I’ll be very happy to work with.

So, the applicant with the most votes above; gets a spot as a student.

The final 2 student slots will be filled in a more control freak manner by Jake, Perrin, and I. :)

When does the voting close?

I am going to leave the voting open until next Wednesday, December 16th.  So, start voting now, and then go recruit others to vote as well if you really want to help your favorite applicant out!

A Few Final Thoughts…

This has been an amazing process so far.  Seeing all of your really great application videos and getting to know many of you on a more personal level has been eye-opening.

I will also let you know that Jake, Perrin, and I are negotiating who gets “dibs” on some of the other applicants that you don’t see in the videos above.  There are some REALLY solid applicants that didn’t make this top 12 video selection.

You can see all of the applications videos on YouTube by searching: “Niche Site Project 3 Applicant” (or clicking here).

Finally, I’m excited to start the project soon and to share the coaching process publicly with everyone here.  Yes, 3 people will get personal coaching; however, the idea is that everyone that follows along can be learning the exact same things.

I expect to reveal ALL 3 students next week sometime; a day or so after closing the voting.  So, hopefully by next Thursday I’ll have a blog post up revealing not just the winning video applicant, but the other 2 students as well (chosen by Jake, Perrin, and I).  Next week will feel like an early Christmas with all the anticipation and big reveal! :)

As always, if you have any questions or comments, please leave them below.  I look forward to the discussion.

The post Niche Site Project 3.0 Video Finalists: Vote Now! appeared first on Niche Pursuits.



from Niche Pursuits http://ift.tt/1TCotoX

No comments:

Post a Comment