Monday, April 11, 2016

NP 100! I Quit My Job 5 Years Ago and Learned These Business Lessons

After almost 4 years of producing the Niche Pursuits podcast, I’ve finally hit 100 episodes!  In order to “celebrate”, I decided to do something a little bit different.

I had no guests and no co-host.  I just sat down with microphone and decided to reflect on my business over the past 5 years.

You see, I quit my job 5 years ago on March 11th, 2011.  That was my last day in the corporate world, and I’ve loved being able to work for myself ever since.

During those 5 years, not everything has been sunshine and rainbows though.  I’ve learned some lessons along the way that I hope you will find valuable.

Quick Summary of Episode 100

You can listen to the full recording for all the details, but here are a few highlights:

  • How I was able to quit my job 5 years ago with niche websites
  • Lesson learned: Perseverance pays off
  • Creating and launching Long Tail Pro
  • Long Tail Pro partial exit
  • Lesson learned: Creating your own product is much more profitable than being an affiliate
  • I recommend creating products rather than a niche site as a business venture
  • My progress with Amazon FBA in the past year
  • Lesson learned: Only pursue things that will lead you to where you want to go
  • Other recent changes in my business

Overall, this is a reflective podcast as I look back over working on my business for the past 5 years.  I’ve learned some lessons and hopefully this podcast inspires you to go out and create your own successful business.

The post NP 100! I Quit My Job 5 Years Ago and Learned These Business Lessons appeared first on Niche Pursuits.



from Niche Pursuits http://ift.tt/1qjt5rw

No comments:

Post a Comment