Friday, July 22, 2016

June Update for Niche Site Project 3

This update is a little late, but I’m happy to publish the June report for Niche Site Project 3 at least before July is over.

As you may recall, last month was really the first time I started these “monthly” updates. I don’t know how long we will keep publishing these monthly reports, but certainly long enough to see some nice growth with the sites.

Samara, Colleen, and Ryan have each made some progress with their sites, and I’ll let them give their individual updates themselves.

So, continue reading below for the reports.

June Update from Samara

Hey guys,

I’m back with a quick report on June data for Tiny Fry.

I published a total of 8 articles, which is more than the previous month but still lower than my goal. I also launched two new sections on the website, one of which is a Q&A and the other has an interview-type format, where Tiny Fry speaks to sector professionals, parenting educators, midwives, baby massage experts, etc. I have had an overwhelmingly positive response from the people I reached out to, and I have interviews lined up until the end of the year already.

I’ve been getting new subscribers to my email list, which is very exciting, and right now I’m sending out a monthly newsletter, but I hope to make that bi-monthly in the future.

As for traffic, I’ve seen a gradual increase in organic visitors over the course of the month, which is great news. I’ve also had a positive trend in impressions and clicks from Google, with 40 clicks in one day, compared with 10 per day just a month ago. I’m also appearing on the first page of Google for a few of my keywords! I’m hoping these trends will continue.

Traffic

Search Console

My earnings in June amounted to $15.54, which I’m pleased about. It’s a good start, but most importantly, I think it confirms that this strategy works, you just have to be patient and persistent.

Earnings June

I’m working on getting backlinks, and am trying to learn and apply two new strategies each month.

Overall I’m excited about how things are looking. My plan is to continue to add content, do outreach and get backlinks, and hopefully Tiny Fry will grow even bigger.

June Update from Colleen

Hi NSP followers,
June has been a busy month both for myself, but of course also for Coustii! I’ve been backpacking around Europe, crossing things off my bucketlist, and exploring new cities I’ve never been to before. But, it hasn’t been all play and no work!
The month of June has held quite a few accomplishments for Coustii. I had a personal goal to hit 100 links by the end of June. I now have about 100 links more or less with a few in the pipeline still. Looking back, I remember when Perrin told me that my goal was to make 100 links. I’m pretty sure I scoffed behind my computer screen. It was such an effort to make 5 links, back in April, I couldn’t imagine getting 95 more! But here we are! Another major accomplishment for Coustii.
Google Analytics June Audience Overview
With a combination of our linkbuilding strategy and our careful keyword research, Coustii received almost 800 views from organic traffic and over 2,000 sessions in the month of June. I’m still building more links and am now going to whip up some more content, making Coustii bigger and badder than ever with more keywords!
Google Analytics June Organic Search

But wait, there’s more….
Last month, I still hadn’t monetized Coustii yet. I imagine myself as the over-eager player on the bench, sitting on the sidelines and waiting to be put in the game. Coach Perrin has given the nod of approval folks! Halfway through June, I monetized with Amazon Affiliates. 
June Amazon Report

Now, don’t get too excited here, I haven’t made any money yet. That’s OK though! I’m very hopeful, plus I know how much work both Perrin and I have invested in Coustii to know that it’s a work in progress and we have lots of room to grow.

I’m back to the States this month and going to say goodbye to the carefree, backpacking life. And hello to buckling down and giving Coustii all I’ve got!

Until next month!

June Update from Ryan

Remember last month when I was the seriously depressed owner of a failing niche site? Well, I’ve got some good news…

I’m only the slightly depressed owner of a failing niche site, now! Woo hoo!

All kidding aside, things are going much better. It won’t seem that way from the screenshots, because the results have not caught up yet, but I’m finally back on course to make the site grow again. Over the last month I’ve been writing a lot, have gotten a great backlink, and positioned myself for a few more good backlinks in the near future.

JuneTraffic

AllTraffic_ThroughJune

GoogleTraffic_June

It’s not where I want to be at this point (not even close), but it’s so much better from where I was before. Especially in terms of my outlook.

So while I might not be able to point to any shiny numbers, there are a few things that I’ve learned that I can pass along.

1) If you’re having trouble writing, try switching up your writing space. Once I began leaving my house to do my writing, it’s been much easier to concentrate and produce content. When I’m home, there is always a distraction. If I’m stuck on an article, I’ll do the dishes, or get up and pace around, or check my phone, etc. When I’m in a coffee shop, none of these things are available for me to occupy myself with. It results in a much more productive few hours.

2) Don’t sleep on social media. I’m still not very active on social media channels because I’m focusing on getting the site on its feet (and revealed to you guys) before turning my attention there. However, the little social media that I have engaged in seems to have a real impact. Organic search traffic is still the number one goal, but Facebook can be a really valuable tool to push traffic, I think – especially when you don’t have much in the way of backlinks.

3) Don’t isolate yourself. Creating a website can be a very solitary experience. You’ll be spending a lot of time in your own head, writing and thinking and writing and thinking. The more you can reach out to others and collaborate, share ideas, or just talk to in general, the more well rounded your site will become and the more sane you will be. I’m guilty of this big time. I don’t reach out to Jake enough, especially when things were really tough. I think it would have helped a lot. Hopefully a lot of you are finding people to connect with in the Facebook group.

To wrap up, I just wanted to say thank you to all of you out there who had encouraging words to say to me after my last update in May. It really meant a lot to me that so many of you were able to relate to my struggles and offered such positive words of encouragement.

I want to thank Jake as well, because he too has been incredibly supportive through this process. I’m getting there, hopefully you are too!

The post June Update for Niche Site Project 3 appeared first on Niche Pursuits.



from Niche Pursuits http://ift.tt/29TdBU7

No comments:

Post a Comment