Monday, May 29, 2017

How I Plan to Help You Quit Your Job and Become a Full-time Entrepreneur

When I quit my full-time job in 2011, the change from a regular corporate gig to working at home as my own boss was a major life changing moment for me.

I went from being a business banker working a regular schedule to working for myself when I wanted to.  When you are married with 4 kids, you have no idea how nice this is!  It's great at 2 in the afternoon to simply say, “you know what, I'm tired of working…I think I'll just go outside for a nice jog.”

Or, “Sure honey, I'll watch our 3 year old so you can enjoy a nice lunch with your friends.”

I get up in the morning and I make my kids lunches and take them to school.  I often pick them up from school as well. 

I get to schedule my vacations whenever I want: it doesn't matter when “Bill” in the other cubicle wants his vacation time; or if it's not my year to get the week of Christmas off.

Having the flexibility of schedule to work when I want and how much I want is incredibly valuable.  I almost always work less than 40 hours a week now, and my income has increased.

Over the past 6 years (since quitting my job), I've built several valuable businesses.  Last year, I sold my most valuable business of all, Long Tail Pro, for a life changing sum of money.

Since selling my software business, I've been reflecting on what my future holds and what are the goals I want to accomplish in business. 

My Goal to Help Others Quit…

As I've reflected on the kind of impact I want to make in the world, I kept coming back to how lucky I am to be my own boss and work my own schedule.  So many stresses related to work and money and schedule in my life have completely vanished over the past 6 years.

I want other people to be able to quit their jobs that they are unhappy with and enjoy some of the same benefits that I've had.

So, at the beginning of the year when I was setting my annual goals, I kept coming back to how much I would love others to enjoy a flexible schedule as a full-time entrepreneur.

Here is the goal that I wrote down: “Help as many people as possible quit their jobs and pursue entrepreneurial ventures: Empower individuals to pursue their dreams”

When I wrote that down, I had no idea how I would accomplish that.  I also had no way to quantify it (like every SMART goal should have).  Should I help 1 person, 10 people, 1,000 people?  I had no idea (and perhaps still don't) what is a realistic goal to shoot for in that regard.

However, as difficult as this is to convey through the written word, I REALLY do want to help people quit their jobs and pursue their entrepreneurial ventures.  This flexibility of schedule and increase in income, truly is a way to empower people to pursue their dreams (whatever those dreams are).

Some people want to travel the world, others want to build schools in Africa, others want to learn to play an instrument.  Whatever your dreams are, I believe that most of them can be accomplished through entrepreneurship and having this freedom of schedule.

I know it's a bold claim to say I plan to help you quit your job; however, it truly is a goal that I have.  As a result, I created Niche Pursuits Insider; a community of online entrepreneurs helping each other learn about online business and pursue their entrepreneurial dreams.

I hope you'll hear me out…

The Plan to Help You Become an Entrepreneur

I believe there are several factors that prevent people from starting a business that will be sufficient to support them full-time.

One of those factors is education.  Some people really don't know how to start an online business yet or how to get traffic to your website (if you are starting a niche website for example).

However, I honestly don't think education is the biggest factor.

A bigger limitation for people is motivation.  As I recently conducted a survey of my audience, people over and over again mentioned that they lack the focus and motivation to see projects through to the end.  They get shiny object syndrome and move on.

I really would like to help people stay motivated and focused on completing their business ideas.  I truly hope that Niche Pursuits Insider will be the community that keeps you motivated and focused on your goals.

Speaking of ideas, having the “right idea” also is important.  Even if you are knowledgeable about how to start a business and are motivated, if you have a terrible idea…it still probably won't work out.

Then finally, I think another major roadblock for people and their business ideas is marketing skills.  You might have the right idea, but if you don't know how to get it in front of the right people, you aren't going to succeed.

At the end of the day, there is no magic formula to a successful business.  But I do think I've put something together that can help eliminate some of these roadblocks that people often run into (education, motivation, the right idea, and marketing skills).

I've always provided free education here on NichePursuits.com and through my podcast.  However, many people still want or need more.

For this reason, I've created Niche Pursuits Insider.  This community goes way beyond just providing information about starting niche websites or launching your own physical products on Amazon.

The core of Niche Pursuits Insider truly is to form a group of like minded individuals trying to pursue their entrepreneurial goals.

Let me explain what you get when you join Niche Pursuits Insider, and why I believe this will help you quit your job.

Insider Blueprints

First, you get my “Insider Blueprints”.  This will check the “education” box that I mentioned before.  These “blueprints” are not a full course, but they are very specific plans on very specific strategies. 

For example, are you interested in picking your first product to launch on Amazon?  We've got you covered with a blueprint that will walk you through exactly how we pick our products.

So, we have a few of these targeted Blueprints up right now, and we will be adding new ones each month.  However, like I said, I really don't think “education” or these blueprints is the biggest reason you should join Niche Pursuits Insider.

Niche Pursuits Insider is not a “course” and that's not why you should join (although I think these blueprints are highly valuable).

Entrepreneurial Community

I think the bigger factor is the community.  We've created a private Facebook group where my employees (Jake and Jason – both successful niche site builders) and myself are actively engaged helping others and answering questions.

So, if you want access to Jake, Jason, and I…Niche Pursuits Insider is really the only place we offer that.

However, the other community members are also there to share what's working for them and can help motivate you to stick with your goals.  There have been many studies that have shown when you are trying to lose weight and you are working with a group to accomplish a similar goal, you are exponentially more likely to achieve that goal.

I believe the same is true of starting a successful online business.  If you are sharing your progress and asking questions to overcome your road blocks in the community, you are more likely to stay motivated, engaged, and even achieve success.

Real-time Learning and Case Studies

The problem with blog posts and expensive courses is that they often get outdated.  That's why a major part of Niche Pursuits Insider is live training and community webinars each month.  In fact, twice a month!

So every 2 weeks, I and my team will be sharing our latest tips and strategies for what is working right now.  You don't have to worry about whether the tactics you are implementing are outdated or not because we are literally going to be there on a live training session with you every other week.

You have questions?  We'll answer live on the webinar.

These “real-time learning” sessions will also involve case studies.  We'll take an Insider member's website and walk through how we think it can be improved.  This will certainly be valuable to the member's website we walk through; however, other people will often be able to apply the exact same ideas to their businesses.

Check Out Niche Pursuits Insider for $1

I could try and charge $1,000 or $2,000 for Niche Pursuits Insider, but honestly, my goal is not to maximize my personal returns.  My goal is to help as many people learn, get motivated, and quit their jobs as possible.

As a result, I'm making it as easy to join as possible.  It's $1 to try it out for 7 days…and you get access to everything.

Check Out Niche Pursuits Insider Here

You might ask, “If you want as many people to quit their jobs as possible, why don't you do it for free?”.

Well, I've been blogging for free for 6 years and put as much information out there as I can.  I've started a free private Facebook group and over 16,000 people joined.  The amount of emails and FB posts I get is overwhelming and not sustainable if I'm doing it for free.

For it to be worth it for me to respond to questions, hold live training sessions, and truly be engaged with my community, I need to have a smaller group that my employees and I can work with.  We charge money to make the group size manageable and yes, so we have some financial incentive to stick around.

Overall, I will continue to provide free content on my blog and podcast. 

However, if you would like to be more actively engaged with a group of like minded entrepreneurs as well as my team and I, I hope you'll consider joining Niche Pursuits Insider right here.

My goal is to help as many people enjoy the freedom that comes with being an online entrepreneur.  And Niche Pursuits Insider is my way of accomplishing that goal.

I hope to see you there!

The post How I Plan to Help You Quit Your Job and Become a Full-time Entrepreneur appeared first on Niche Pursuits.



from Niche Pursuits http://ift.tt/2rgMNbv

No comments:

Post a Comment