Thursday, November 12, 2015

Introducing Niche Site Project 3.0!

Well, here we go again!  After a roller coaster ride on both Niche Site Projects 1 and 2, I’m ready to get back on the ride and start a new niche site project!

As mentioned in my last blog post, the first 2 projects are officially over and closed.   In addition, it’s now been almost a year since I’ve publicly built a niche site from scratch and so I’m finally ready to tackle the challenge once again!

In today’s post, I simply want to lay out some of the plans for Niche Site Project 3.0 and what you can expect.

So, let’s jump right into it, shall we?

What Has Changed Since the Last Niche Site Project?

When I started Niche Site Project 1 almost 3 years ago, I worked for myself with no full-time employees.  I built the niche site used in the project (Best Survival Knife Guide) all on my own.  I documented the entire process, but also did all the work myself.

It was pretty exhausting.

For the second Niche Site Project, I decided that I should coach someone else and let them do the actual work of building out the niche site.  This is where I brought Perrin into the mix.  He was such a great student, that I hired him to work for me full-time.

Perrin and I have gone on to build lots of websites together…privately.

Now, I’ve actually hired a second full-time employee to help me with marketing for Long Tail Pro.  Here’s the blog post where I introduced Jake Cain as my newest employee, in case you missed it.

So, A LOT has changed since I did the niche site projects.  Back then I was just a solo-preneur and no full-time employees.  Now, I have 2 full-time employees (Perrin and Jake) and I also have a growing team of contract employees that help out in various areas.

However, when I look at the success I’ve been able to have, I realize that most of the skills that got me here were learned initially by building out niche sites.  As a result, I’m ready to jump in and teach someone else the ropes during Niche Site Project 3.

Because 3 is Better Than 1…

Warning!  Low Quality Video Below…(Recorded on a Whim :) )

So, how will Niche Site Project 3 work exactly?  Well, to be honest, some of the details still haven’t been completely worked out.  However, I’ve decided that this project will be slightly different than the first and the second.

For Niche Site Project 3, I will be coaching a student to build a niche site from scratch!  And Perrin will be coaching a different student to build a niche site from scratch!  And Jake will be coaching a different student to build a niche site from scratch!

That’s right, for Niche Site Project 3: Jake, Perrin, and I will each coach a different student.  So, 3 students in total will be coached; and therefore, 3 sites in total will be built and publicly shared during the course of the project.

What do you think?!

3 Coaches and 3 Students…

Jake, Perrin, and I are pretty excited about the prospects of coaching our own students and seeing how it goes.  The benefits to you as a reader, is that you will get to see 3 different teaching styles and 3 slightly different approaches to building niche sites.

All 3 of us are well experienced in building websites, and so this should be a pretty awesome project.

At the end of the day, isn’t following along with 3 websites more fun than just following along with one?  We sure hope so!

How Should We Pick Students?

Jake, Perrin, and I are still thinking through the process of how we should pick the students for this project.  So, we would love to hear your feedback.

In the comments below, let us know how we should pick the students.

We feel like there needs to be some sort of application process, but we are always open to more inventive ideas.  So, if you have any, please feel free to share below.

As a reminder, in the previous Niche Site Project, I actually did a combination of random drawing, written application, and Niche Pursuits community votes.  This time around it could be something similar, or something completely different.  We are still thinking through those details.

When Will Niche Site Project 3.0 Officially Start?

We don’t have an official start date.  However, the plan is to start as soon as possible!

Once we figure out the process of how we will be picking students, it will likely take at least a couple of weeks to go through that process.  As soon as the students are chosen, we will begin the coaching immediately!

Overall, I really don’t think you will have to wait too long to for the Niche Site Project 3 train to leave the station.  I fully expect that by early December, that this project will be under way.

So, once again, I would REALLY appreciate your feedback in the comments section below about an application process.  What ideas do you have for us to pick the best students?

The post Introducing Niche Site Project 3.0! appeared first on Niche Pursuits.



from Niche Pursuits http://ift.tt/1QkwnVW

No comments:

Post a Comment